The Metz family

The Metz family

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Will you "Do Something"?



    Right about the time we started our adoption application (and launched ourselves into a whole new world!), i began listening to KLove radio and heard this song for the first time. On my first listen, tears came down as i felt the lyrics so perfectly described my heart and WHY i always felt God wanted me to adopt (among other things ive done in life). Although i am not always "doing something", i do feel the great pull of God on my heart to Do Something when injustice, or hurt, or sin threatens others.  I want to give His love through me.
  A friend of mine saw this video today and so kindly emailed me to let me know it reminded her of us- and reminded her to pray for us in our journey.  I enjoyed the video, but i would suggest listening to this with your eyes closed FIRST- if you've never heard it before. (Go ahead- no one is looking- give it a try!) The lyrics are even more impactful when there are no visual distractions.
   Thank Matthew West, for a song that i feel could have come from my heart (if i had his musical skillz).
   Thank you, Akesha for praying for us and sending this to me- how perfect that God would encourage you to send me this song when it has already been a huge encouragement, inspiration, and validation to me in the past two months.  God is so cool :)
    For us, right now, our "doing something" is a loving family for one child....but for you...what are you doing? Fighting an injustice, considering adoption, shoveling a neighbors driveway, or simply giving a hug?
We are the hands and feet of Jesus here on earth...so lets DO SOMETHING about it! :)

2 comments :

  1. How exciting for your family -- praying for you each step of the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Those prayers mean everything to us!

      Delete